Governor Jindal has recently appointed two new members to the Grand Isle Port Commission
Bob Sevin appointed as Port Commissioner.
Terry Pizzani appointed as Port Commissioner.
Dudley "Butch Gaspard" resigns
Current projects include:
1. Aquisition of the Wayne Estay properties to
be used for docking of commercial fishing vessels with a portion to be used
for handicapped accessible dock fishing.
2. Dredging of the Barataria Bar channel
3. Continuation of Rigaud channel from Port site to Caminada Pass, utilizing spoils to rebuild Fifi island.
4. Continuation of work with Wildlife and Fisheries, and Coast Guard for removal of marine debris.
5. Planning phases of island creation project, including dredging of S.W. Canal, utilizing the spoils for island creation, fish habitat and storm surge abatement.